Hello people. I want to talk about the senseless laws we call Nanny laws, and how they do severe damage to America.
Nanny laws are laws made to protect people from themselves, from fashion restrictions to alcohol laws to marijuana bans and the worst of them all; video game content restrictions and nutrition mandates.
These laws make no sense and all they do is give the government false “justification” to arrest and jail people who have harmed no one, or they let the government get away with blaming the victim of a heinous crime even when evidence proves violating some one to be a choice (aka ALL the time)
Nanny Laws make me very sick… and here in my country they violate the Constitution! So… what is to do with them? Repeal 100% of them and replace them with nothing. Here are examples of this idea:
- The War on Drugs is utterly an epic fail, so we must Legalize and Tax (but NOT restrict) both medical and recreational marijuana and other ultra-soft drugs. As for hard drugs like cocaine, we should keep them illegal but instead of waging war on them we need to mandate rehab for possessors and users of them after a forensic analysis proves they actually have whatever hard drug in there system.
- End all restrictions that prevent empathetic & mentally healthy citizens from utilizing their Right to own firearms. If anything, the only firearm-related mandate that makes any sense is a mentality evaluation using scientific technology to make sure a customer is not mentally unstable.
- Restrictions on what anyone, especially on what women, can wear in the spring and summer seasons make absolutely no sense and are either misogynistic or misandristic, without any evidence of a “neither-one”. Instead the right thing to do is to just let two things determine those options: what the customer wants to wear in whatever season, and what the seller knows based on common sense is wearable in each season. For example, I would happily wear a Disturbed shirt with nothing under it (or over it) in the summer but I would absolutely wear lots of layers, probably not including such a shirt, in the winter.
- FCC and other entertainment restriction agencies have absolutely no place in any Cosmos in the… anyway, you get the idea: exterminate absolutely all censorship of music, video games, tabletop games, comics and other entertainment devices. Let individuals decide what they like and don’t like for entertainment, and what audiences they want to be among. Let the individuals making the entertainment decide what sort of audience they are aiming for instead of having any censorship exist at all. With regards to children, if they don’t understand what they are observing, they have one rational choice they can make: ask their parents for an honest clarification! As for people who are old enough and mature enough to understand most concepts, if they don’t like the word choices and/or other content-related things they are observing, whether by sight and/or hearing, they have an equally rational choice: AVOID THE FILM, GAME OR WHATEVER WITHOUT CENSORING IT AT ALL! In other words, parents reading this, your kids are YOUR RESPONSIBILITY! NOT GOVERNMENT’S!!!
- While I agree 100% that it is a very good idea to track one’s own nutrition, this is a personal responsibility issue and a parental responsibility issue when it comes to parents of minors. That said, Get rid of 100% of governmental nutrition mandates and instead let the individual determine his or her food choices. Repeal all restrictions on how people can market food, on when breakfast food can be served, on when lunches & dinners can be served, on what ingredients you are allowed to use, on how high in fat a meat can be, on how cooked customers are allowed to ask their meat to be, etc. I refuse to believe that nutrition mandates are in anyway necessary. All these do is make food taste awful and far worse they get people arrested for preparing food “the wrong way”, like there is any deciding factor that outweighs the Will of the Individual, oh wait, no there isn’t! Did you know there exist individuals who concern themselves with their nutrition without any governmental influence on them? Has the Federal government ever heard of vegans? Vegetarians? Fruit-eaters? Avivores (beings who prefer bird flesh to mammal flesh because the former is healthier)? PISCIVORES (beings who prefer fish to mammal due to fish being healthier)?! Clearly not, otherwise there would be no Nanny Laws! And trust me, I had a Piscivore phase in my life followed by a more recent Avivore phase, I know the health concerns I had at those times. I still have the health concerns of me needing to grill more often and fry less often, to name only one of quite a handful I have on a personal level.
- We don’t need Big Brother, or the Patriot Act, or the NSA, or most other safety-first agencies or restrictions on the right to privacy. When I go here or to any other site, I always worry about being Wire-tapped by one of the mentioned. I would rather go to here, the internet, without having to worry about Wire taps… so let’s get rid of all the above and next time we need to expand national security, we need to interpret the 4th Amendment in its literal word-for-word sense before deciding what to set up for security expansions. Interpreting this way literally takes half a minute.
- Internet-only industries like “YouTube money”, other sorts of Ad Revenue sharing, Online Gambling, and Priced Digital Downloads and Priced Online Streaming; are signs of innovation and of what makes the internet gorgeous and therefore should be celebrated, fully legalized, incentivized and lightly taxed, NEVER demonized and punished. Let’s fully legalize all of these industries, impose absolutely zero restrictions on them, and impose an 8% flat tax on all of these 21st-century-exclusive industries. This policy toward internet-only industries will not only end the Nanny State but will also give us chances at reversing the deficit into a surplus, funding capitalistic, meritocracy (advancement on individual ability)-based incentive, and/or Ending more foreign Tyrants.
Well, I think I have blown through all the biggest examples of Nanny Laws and how they are needless and illogical. Thank you all for reading this very long post, and if I need to simplify anything I said, please let me know what in the comment box 🙂