I have given this magical article a re-read. I am a young voter, specifically I am the age of 21 and will be until May 6 of this year when I become 22. I am a libertarian and a mix of a leftist and a rightist. Which brings me to the purpose of this article.
- The Republicans have failed to broaden their appeal to young voters
- The Republicans have failed to open their ranks to libertarians
- The Republicans have failed to motivate me to want to vote
- The Republicans have motivated me to ignore their primary for this election cycle
- The Republicans have failed to broaden their appeal to Atheist and Nonreligious voters like me
This is just some of the ways my party let me down this election cycle. I doubt I will voluntarily vote for anyone this year. I mean sure, Ron Paul does have the best stuff to say on domestic policy, and Marco Rubio does understand better than anyone else in the GOP candidates list how the world works, but… who am I supposed to vote for given the nature of both parties’ primaries this year? No person, that is who.
Thank you all for reading this,