So, I have recently looked onto my favorite online foreign policy & defense policy glossary, Ayn Rand Lexicon, for something not entirely related to those two areas. That exact something was “Rightists vs. Leftists“. I read this along with keeping in mind there are differences between Center-right vs Far-right, along with differences between Center-left vs Far-left.
Far Rightist vs Center Rightist
According to me, Center-rightists are people who favor individual freedom and a free-market economy with no monopolies;
while Far-rightists are people who favor religious autocracy and a corporatist economy wherein the biggest businesses are too big to fail.
Far Leftist vs Center Leftist
According to me, Center-leftists are people who favor individual freedom and a mixed-market economy with no monopolies;
while Far-leftists are people who favor politically-correct autocracy and a marxist-leninist economy wherein there’s minimal prosperity for people outside of government.
In Foreign Policy & Defense Policy
According to me,
- Center-rightists are people who believe in a very strong volunteer military and an unlimited-self-defense theory for defense policy paired with a foreign policy of free trade and non-military friendship with other free societies.
- Center-leftists are people who believe in a somewhat strong volunteer military and a just war theory approach to defense policy and in a foreign policy of fair trade and non-military friendship with simple international cooperation.
- Far-rightists are people who favor a very strong drafted military and an actually militarist approach to defense policy added with a foreign policy of protectionism in trade and nationalism with no desire for foreign friends
- Far-leftists are people who favor a very weak military and a pacifist approach to defense policy added with a foreign policy of protectionism in trade and obsessive loyalty to dictatorships and obsessive hatred toward free societies.
Which one of these four am I?
I am basically a Center-Rightist in all fields. I notice these placements for the major Western world political labels along the political spectrum:
- Far-Rightists are Conservatives
- Center-Rightists are Libertarians
- Center-Leftists are Liberals
- Far-Leftists are Progressives
So, I know I am a Center-Rightist out of these four.
Do I sound like a Horse shoe theorist? Well, I think I do, because I notice that liberals and libertarians are mentally similar as both are middle grounds, while conservatives and progressives are mentally similar as both are polar extremes. Most of my generation, according to documentation by Reason magazine, are Center-Leftists, not Far-Leftists. Majorities favor individual freedom and mixed-market economics, telling me I am a Center-Right member of the younger half of a Center-Left majority generation. Looking at that report’s ideological pie graph:
- 30% Centrist moderates
- 25% Center-Left liberals
- 14% Far-Right conservatives
- 7% Far-Left progressives
- 7% Center-Right libertarians
- 17% “something else”
And that is all I got. Thanks people for reading this,