I am unsure what direction I should go in to advance Liberty in America and around the world.
Okay so I see my efforts to grow the LP are having indisputably no payoff. I have friends including one from work who are all members of my ‘Cheshire Liberty Town Camp’, a Libertarian Party institution that has a grand total of… eight members. No-one is joining, even though I have raised large awareness of it, but this is not the only thing pushing me in the head to quit the Libertarian Party.
Why I want to quit the Libertarian Party.
Basically, it is a list of factors, meaning incentives, in chronological order. Allow me to list them like this.
- First on Facebook they censored the intellectually legendary Kevin Bjornson, 2nd in command of a caucus I am into called Libertarian Defense Caucus, from their Facebook wall.
- Before, during and after the above wrong; the LP stuck obsessively to the pile of mold I call Antiwar dot trash for foreign policy instead of truly reputable sources like RealClearWorld and RealClearDefense.
- Then in the 2016 election when they garnered their chance to destroy the 2-party system and political corruption in general by Austin Petersen… they did all they could to obstruct him, especially in Colorado.
- Once it was time for the ending of primary season, they nominated their worst option instead of their obvious best option who was truly Austin.
- Lastly, the nuking point for me was when that thing they call their Vice Chair went on Facebook and rigged a status update for everyone to see right on memorial day. A status update of him declaring all US troops to be mindless heartless murderers and having the audacity to compare them to the insolent DEA!
Where my Electoral Future lies…
I am not sure. All I know is I am quitting the Libertarian Party. Ideologically, there are no worries warranted regarding my principles and I. Frankly, until I pass away, I will still…
- Support free trade
- Support laissez-faire in general
- Want the entire American tax code repealed
- and favor starting over from scratch with the FairTax
- Support gay marriage
- Equally oppose both abortion and the death penalty
- Oppose abstinence only and the War on Drugs
- Prefer individual choice over government regulation
- Advocate a foreign policy meshing Empire of Liberty with Capitalist Peace Theory
- Believe a free society only stays free by having an immensely powerful military
- Demand unconditional free expression for the sake of the flourishing of science and of atheism
However, I am going to find a party affiliation. I have massive problems with the idea of me trying to redirect either party to my ends, as follows.
Rights and Wrongs with going Republican
- In every 100 Republicans and 100 Democrats, there are 12 liberty Republicans and 6 freedom Democrats.
- America’s electoral map is an ocean of red with tiny Caribbean clones of blue.
- I have more values in common with the Republicans than with the Democrats, says iSideWith, 47% of Republican values compared to 27% of Democrat
- The Republican Liberty Caucus was founded on giving Pro-Military, Pro-Israel, Pro-Empire-of-Liberty libertarians like me a new electoral home.
- The GOP has plenty of fringe opinion clubs on social issues that I can gleefully get along well with.
- Donald Trump has proven himself to be someone I want nothing in common with, not even party affiliation.
- Some of the Republican Liberty Caucus lately is going, very remorsefully, to Non-interventionism, the foreign policy ideology that’s proven in practice to do nothing about the global growth of liberty except allow statism aka tyranny to push this growth backwards, globally.
- Perhaps the GOP tribalism might be tougher for me to push aside than is currently my electoral life in the LP.
And with going Democrat
- My politics were initially that of a John F. Kennedy style ‘freedom Democrat’, until I fled the Democrats to go be in the LP.
- I live in a state, Connecticut, where Democrats fare better normally than Republicans
- The Democrats have their own version of the RLC, called the Democrat Freedom Caucus.
- I was raised by a couple of strong Democrats but never was more loyal than ‘Independent lean Democrat’.
- The party since JFK times has been taken over by cultural marxist, self incriminated, flagrantly bullying swine.
- Democrats, after JFK, built a foreign policy record of retreat, defeat, surrender, appeasement, apology, Antiwar candidates, Non-interventionism, and of being respectful to Tyranny-states; all of which ~ again ~ do nothing about world advancement of liberty except for reverse it.
- Only 6% of Democrats fit the label ‘freedom Democrat’ and/or ‘JFK Democrat’.
I might just return to where my heart and mind are electorally… being registered to vote as an Unaffiliated Voter. Independents like I am at heart make up 70% of the liberty movement. Thanks all my readers!