How to Make the Economy Workable Again? Free Enterprise… but how do we get that in short order?
Basically, I am proposing a litmus test as this is frankly the only way I see to pull a major victory and big gain in terms of liberating the economy. Again, this is without resorting to revolution. However, everyone reading this should know this post has been authored in the following three piece context.
- Next Presidential election (2020) I will be 26 and therefore constitutionally eligible to run for Federal House of Representatives
- I do not wish to run for House of Reps in actual life
- But if I did this is how I would promise to create the conditions for prosperity in America, and how I would actually create them too
Okay now that this is out of the way allow me to define free enterprise.
- Freedom for businesses and workers to organize and operate for profit in a competitive system where there’s only enough government interference to enforce civil and political rights equally for all people.
Now, it is time for me to define my litmus test.
The Regulatory Litmus Test
Whenever a new regulation is proposed, or when an old regulation is acknowledged, the following questions have to all be answered resoundingly Yes for it to not be repealed.
- Does the regulation promote the values of hard work, smart work, and all around work ethic building?
- Does the regulation enforce the golden rule – treat others like you want to be treated – equally for all people, regardless of whose ancestors were played favorites with or against in the distant past?
- Does the regulation accept the fact that everyone has the right to life, liberty and security of person?
- Does the regulation refuse to ever enable any form of slavery for any reason?
- Does the regulation protect everyone, workers and business-folk and unemployed, from torture and other forms of physical or authority abuse?
- Does the regulation allow every human being to be legally classed as a human being, whether male or female, whether white or black, and regardless of other demographical factors?
- Does the regulation directly forbid double standards and disallow favoritism to men & majorities and to women & minorities, all in the name of equality before The Law?
- Does the regulation respect the right for people to seek court compensation for one’s individual dignity being violated?
- Does the regulation forbid any level of arbitrary detention, discipline or confinement?
- Does the regulation mandate that any discipline of any worker or merchant have whether its needed or not be decided on by an independent jury?
- Does the regulation demand that any employer or employee about to be disciplined for something be presumed innocent until proven guilty of having done what they’re to be disciplined for?
- Does the regulation require that any level of employers or employees interfering in each others’ free time come after getting the consent of that whose free time might be interfered into?
- Does the regulation uphold the freedom of movement for all labor, all markets, all business, all off-duty employees and all unemployed?
- Does the regulation encourage businesses to hide could-be victims from the criminals they are trying to hide from falling victim to?
- Does the regulation uphold mutual respect between all individuals in the workplace no matter the individual’s nationality?
- Does the regulation respect marriage as a privately owned romance between a small couple or small posse of consenting adults?
- Does the regulation uphold the right of the individual to own property?
- Does the regulation reiterate the fact that every individual has the right to freedom of religion, including the right to espouse a secular morality, both in workplace and in free time?
- Does the regulation declare that the freedom of expression may only be limited to include politeness and class as parts of building a work ethic, and even then only for individuals who are either working job or performing a job interview?
- Does the regulation decide that everyone has the freedom to associate with any job and/or with any labor union, voluntarily?
Basically, under this litmus test, if even one of these questions is answered ‘No’, then the regulation is either rejected or repealed depending on if it’s a new one or an old one, respectively.